We are so excited to announce the opening of our new Diaper Bank, located here at the United Way office!
We've established the Diaper Bank to keep local babies healthy and happy by providing access to diapers for families in need, and promoting partner programs to improve health and self-sufficiency in our community.
Diaper Bank hours at the United Way office are as follows:
- Tuesdays from 3pm-5pm
- Fridays from 10am-12pm
Below are the Participation Guidelines for Diaper Bank clients. If you would like to participate in the program, if you know someone who would, or if you are an agency working on behalf of clients who are interested in receiving diapers, please review and feel free to distribute these guidelines. *These guidelines are effective as of February 2, 2018, and are subject to change as the program evolves. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to the United Way office.
1. Provide birth certificate, Medicaid or social security card identification for the child to be served.
2. The child must be between the ages of birth to 4 years.
3. Bring your proof of address. At this time we are serving families in Montgomery, Radford and Floyd.
4. You must be receiving one of the following governmental benefits: SNAP, MEDICAID, or WIC. Bring your benefits card, awards letter or proof of income.
5. Request for a particular brand of diapers cannot be accommodated unless you have a doctor’s certificate stating that the child or children has allergies which cause skin infections from particular diaper brands.
6. You are allowed to get diapers once every two weeks for each child in your care and custody, for a total of 2 monthly visits to our distribution.
7. Each package of diapers will consist of the following:
Size Newborn & Size 1 – 20 diapers per pack
Size 2 – 15 diapers per pack
Size 3 and Size 4 – 12 diapers per pack
Size 5 and Size 6 – 10 diapers or pull ups per pack
*Each pack of diapers will come with 1 pack of wipes, upon availability.
8. You are allowed to get 1 can of formula or other milk product monthly, unless your child has medical needs. If the child has medical needs, you must provide a doctor’s certificate.
9. If you need to have someone else pick up your diapers, you must provide a note that gives that person approval. The note must be dated and signed by you, the client.