There has never been a better time to get involved and lend a helping hand. One of the best things about the Holiday Season is there is no shortage of opportunities to help your community! United Way of Montgomery, Radford and Floyd has several ways you can help your neighbors this Holiday Season.
Toys from the Heart – Christmas Assistance Program
United Way has decked the halls and is ready to serve families with children and youth in the New River Valley who are experiencing a crisis during the holidays. This program serves children 18 and under with toys, sports equipment, personal items, a Christmas tree and a dinner box.
Toys from the Heart is a collaborative program between the Knights of Columbus, Toys for Tots, United Way of Montgomery, Radford and Floyd and New River Community Action who assists with eligibility screening.
We are seeking business and individuals interested in donating to this program. Our needs list includes:
- Holiday food (see full list below)
- Coats, scarves and gloves
- Educational toys and puzzles
- Board games
- Basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, skateboards, etc.
- Baby dolls, Barbie dolls and accessories
- Matchbox cars and accessories
- Handbags, wallets and backpacks
- Jewelry and watches
- MP3 players and accessories
- Cosmetics; nail polish, perfume/cologne, body spray and makeup
- Popular CDS and Popular PG-13 DVDs
- Gaming accessories, i.e. headphones, controllers, games, etc.
- Pajamas and hooded sweatshirts
- Gift cards to; shoe stores, local clothing stores (Old Navy, Aeropostle, PacSun, Target, TJMaxx, etc.)
Items may be delivered to:
111 West Main Street
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
103 Professional Park Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
or you may call the United Way office to arrange pickup, if you have any questions please contact us at (540) 381-2066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Dinner Box Needs List
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Hams or Cured Hams
- Canned Milk
- Canned or Packaged Gravy
- Canned Pie Filling
- Canned Pumpkin
- Canned Veggies
- Canned Yams
- Corn Meal/ Corn Muffin Mix
- Dried Beans
- Foil Roasting Pans
- Gift Cards for Frozen Turkeys
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Lemonade packets or mixes
- Pie Crust Mix
- Pie Pans
- Pudding Mix
- Stuffing Mix
If your company, church or organization is interested in getting involved with one of these programs, be it to volunteer, donate or help in some way, please feel free to contact the United Way office with any questions (540) 381-2066 or email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
United Way of United Way is just one of many charities with opportunities available to help out your neighbors. To see volunteer opportunities all around the New River Valley, please visit http://www.volunteernrv.org or contact a local charity that is dear to your heart. They would love to hear from you and would love for you to get involved with their organization.